From its famed street art and thriving music and theater scene to its world-class restaurants and coffee culture, the city offers a unique and immersive experience for visitors. Melbourne impresses with architecture, lush parks, and proximity to beautiful coastal landscapes. Pre-booking your airport transport or shuttle service makes accessing the city's top attractions a breeze.
Melbourne Airport is around 15 miles north of the city on a busy, unremarkable freeway. While the airport is easy enough to navigate, stepping out can be confusing, with various transport options and the occasional tout scattered widely in all directions. Arranging a reliable and convenient Melbourne Airport transfer dials down the stress immediately.
Book numerous transportation options with Jayride, and you’ll find navigating the bustling airport and reaching your Melbourne destination completely stress free.
Whether you're traveling solo or with a group, private airport transfers offer a seamless and luxurious experience. Jayride lets you choose from 64 professional Melbourne Airport shuttle transport services. You'll be greeted by a professional driver who will assist with your luggage and transport you directly to your desired destination in a car, van or even a limousine.
Melbourne airport transfers to the city center offer convenience and comfort for travelers. Many services provide booster seats so that small children can safely travel with their families, and they may also offer pick-up and drop-off times according to your flight schedule. Airport shuttle buses provide a reliable way to get from the airport to the city center, offering door-to-door service at an affordable rate.
Before booking, double-check which terminal you’ll arrive in. MEL has 4 terminals.
T1 Domestic Terminal
T2 International Terminal
T3 Domestic Terminal
T4 Domestic Terminal
Note that there can be long walks from some terminals (T4 is notorious), but travelers can easily walk between all terminals.
Reliable airport transport services … easy. Whatever your budget, wherever you’re headed, Jayride partner drivers will get you there. Travel your way with a choice of affordable ground transportation options.
For an economical option, shared airport shuttles are a popular choice. Several Jayride partner shuttle services operate between Melbourne Airport and various destinations around Melbourne’s inner suburbs.
Choose a car, van or limo (why not!) and have your own private driver get you direct to where you need to be in or around Melbourne.
Use a familiar rideshare service without downloading local apps and worrying about roaming and SIMs. Avoid surge pricing by booking ahead with Jayride.
If you need to get to Port Melbourne, you can rely on a Jayride partner driver to get you – and your luggage – to the right cruise terminal with no fuss.
Surrounded by industrial and suburban zones, there’s nothing within walking distance of the airport. But if you’re staying nearby or just on a layover, there are some great things to do while still avoiding the city-bound freeway traffic.
1. Plane watching: While there’s no formal observation deck, the airport features many areas with floor-to-ceiling windows looking onto the runways.
2. Urbnsurf: This massive wave pool offers different wave settings and even provides surf gear and lessons. It’s just a few minutes’ ride from the airport.
3. Woodlands Historic Park: Located 5 minutes’ drive from the airport, this natural oasis offers walking trails and the chance to spot kangaroos, emus, and birdlife.
4. Organ Pipes National Park: Alongside the airport, the tranquil bushland park is known for its unique volcanic formation, and native animals.
5. iFLY Melbourne Indoor Skydiving: Experience the feeling of flight without jumping from a plane at this safe all-ages attraction.
6. Airways Museum: Aviation and history buffs will be in heaven at this old-fashioned, beautifully presented museum, located at nearby Essendon Airport.
7. Keilor Public Golf Course: Itching for a hit? This 18-hole public course is an easy 15-minute ride from Melbourne Airport.
While Melbourne does have a few “sights”, the city’s charms are in experiences. Art, culture, sport, food and just lingering are favorite pastimes in this cosmopolitan city.
1. Federation Square: Melbourne’s meeting place, and a bustling cultural precinct that hosts events, art exhibitions, and live performances.
2. Melbourne Laneways: Melbourne is famous for its laneways adorned with street art, hidden cafes, and boutique shops. Start on Flinders Lane and take any turn
3. Royal Botanic Gardens: Escape the city hustle and immerse yourself in the tranquility of the Royal Botanic Gardens, an easy walk from the city center
4. Queen Victoria Market: The ‘Vic Market’ is a bustling open-air market that has been operating since the 19th century selling fresh produce, gourmet food, clothing and tourist tat.
5. Great Ocean Road: Marvel at the Twelve Apostles, explore seaside towns, and hike through national parks along Australia's most breathtaking coastal drive.
6. National Gallery of Victoria: Australia's oldest and most-visited art museum. From classic to contemporary, the NGV offers a rich cultural experience.
7. Melbourne Cricket Ground: You don’t need to be a cricket or Australian football fan to appreciate the history and grandeur of this epic arena.
8. Street Art Tour: Some of the world’s best street artists have contributed to the mosaic that is Melbourne.
9. State Library of Victoria: The SLV is something special. Join a free tour or just wander. The Reading Room will leave you breathless.
10. Nicholas Building: Unique and mysterious, this labyrinth of corridors is home to bespoke shoemakers and milliners, artists and purveyors of magic.
Not really. Locals will roll their eyes at talk of airport rail. There’s a suburban bus that gets you fairly close to the airport, but private transport is really your only option.
Melbourne’s much smaller second airport is at Avalon, 36 miles west of the city. The trip can take a long time in traffic. All the same, prices are usually cheaper if you fly into Avalon. The vast majority of flights are to and from Melbourne Airport.
The private Skybus service runs a shuttle the almost hour-long trip between the airports. If you’re in a group, have a bit of luggage or don’t want to wait around, pre-book an inter-airport private car with Jayride.
The airport sprawls across four terminals. Most are close to each other in the one large building, with T4 a bit of a walk (especially if you're arriving or departing from Gate 41 or higher).
Yes, pre-book with Jayride and secure a spot on a private shuttle. Jayride partner companies offer shuttles to various central Melbourne destinations.
“Driver was friendly, engaging and made an effort to give tips to passengers on places of interest based on their age group and family dynamics. Highly recommend”
“Very quick and efficient couldn’t ask for better service ”
“I would highly recommend using this Service to go to and from the airport. Our driver Steve was helpful and knowledgeable and we will use him next time we are in Melbourne . ”
“Highly recommended. Clean bus, comfy ride. Very good price.”
“The driver, Michael was friendly and efficient. He was a great driver and the car was clean and comfortable.”
Cancel up to 48 hours before travel
No surge, no meter, no surprises
For when one bag is not enough