A kaleidoscopic international city for a thousand years, London is a shrine to history, culture, multiculturalism and fast-paced modernity. Around every corner is a world-famous landmark, a village-style community or a futuristic building. Pre-booking your airport transport or shuttle makes accessing the city's top attractions a breeze.
London Gatwick Airport, located about 28 miles south of central London, is one of the busiest airports in the United Kingdom. Whether you're a seasoned traveler or visiting London for the first time, arranging a reliable and convenient Gatwick Airport transfer is essential. Book numerous transportation options with Jayride, and you’ll find navigating the bustling airport and reaching your destination via private transfer or shuttle completely stress free.
Jayride lets you choose from 155 professional airport shuttle transport services. You'll be greeted by a professional driver who will assist with your luggage and transport you directly to your desired destination in a car, van or even a limousine. Whether you're traveling solo or with a group, private airport transfers offer a seamless and luxurious experience.
Before booking, double-check which terminal you’ll arrive in. Gatwick has 2 terminals.
Gatwick is London’s second busiest airport and connects directly to more than 230 destinations in Europe, the Americas and across Asia. Beat the queues and the crowds by booking your airport ride with Jayride.
Reliable airport transport services … easy. Whatever your budget, wherever you’re headed, Jayride partner drivers will get you there. Travel your way with a choice of affordable ground transportation options.
For an economical option, shared airport shuttles are a popular choice. Take advantage of lower prices. It might not be direct, so think of it as a free sightseeing tour.
Choose a car, van or limo (why not!) and have your own private driver get you direct to where you need to be in or around London.
Use a familiar rideshare service without downloading local apps and worrying about roaming and SIMs. Avoid surge pricing by booking ahead with Jayride.
If you need to get to Portsmouth or Dover for your British Isles, European or cross-Atlantic cruise, you can rely on a Jayride partner driver to get you – and your luggage – to the right cruise terminal with no fuss.
If you need to stay close to the airport on a layover or due to your hotel location, there are plenty of attractions near LGW.
1. Observation Deck: For those who enjoy watching planes take off and land, visit the observation deck in the South Terminal.
2. Riverside Garden Park: Opposite the North Terminal drop-off, this sweet woodland park features a stream and even a small lake.
3. Ye Olde Six Bells: Feel like quality food and cask ale (or local gin) in a real English Pub? Just a 15-minute stroll from the North Terminal, and you’ve arrived!
4. Gatwick Aviation Museum: See classic aircraft and engines, hundreds of models and aviation memorabilia, right next to the airport.
5. Crawley Museum: This small, lovely museum, a short ride from Gatwick, shows the local history of Crawley town using objects and stories.
6. Play footgolf: What do you mean, you’ve never heard of it? A blend of soccer and golf. What more do you need to know?
7. British Wildlife Centre: Around 8 miles from Gatwick Airport, this attraction houses over 40 native species, including otters, foxes, badgers, and owls. Stroll the pathways and observe these fascinating creatures up close.
Choosing a top 10 in London is like choosing your favorite child. Here’s ours!
1. The Tower of London: This iconic and fascinating history-packed eleventh-century fortress is simply a must-do.
2. The London Eye: Ride high on the world’s largest cantilevered observation wheel for stunning views across London.
3. Tate Modern: The world’s premier modern and contemporary art gallery housed in an amazing old power station.
4. Natural History Museum: Come for the dinosaurs, but stay for the astonishing collections and Gothic architecture.
5. St Paul’s Cathedral: No visit is complete without climbing to the dome of Sir Christopher Wren’s 300-year-old architectural masterpiece.
6. Buckingham Palace: The King’s London home, featuring the changing of the guard, is an enduring London favorite.
7. Borough Market: Dive into the hustle and bustle of one of London’s best produce markets.
8. British Museum: Lose yourself for a day in this treasure trove of art and artifacts. It’s Britain’s most-visited attraction for a reason.
9. Madame Tussauds: In business since the Victorian era, these lifelike wax replicas of famous figures continue to captivate.
10. Hampstead Heath: Escape the hustle and bustle of central London for a picnic and ramble in one of the city’s most famous parks.
Allow up to 90 minutes (plus queues at busy times) to travel between London’s two biggest airports by public transport. Book ahead and avoid the worry of delays, and a Jayride partner driver will make the journey (and get you to the right terminal) in under an hour, and often much faster.
It depends. Heathrow is bigger and wait times are usually longer than at Gatwick. Flights are usually a bit more expensive too. On the other hand, travel into most parts of London is faster from Heathrow, as it’s closer to the city than Gatwick.
Yes, there are a few spots where you can stretch out, although Gatwick is busy, bright, noisy and sometimes cold. With towns and villages nearby, it might be worth arranging a Jayride partner driver to get you to a cheap(ish) hotel in nearby Horley or Crawley.
As international airports go, Gatwick is very easy. With just two well-signposted terminals, and a regular 24/7 shuttle connecting the two, it’s fairly easy to find your way around.The terminals themselves are quite large, but as long as you know where you’re arriving or departing, it’s easier than most.
It’s not all about London. LGW’s location south of the capital makes Gatwick an ideal launching pad for historical towns like Winchester and Sailsbury, and the seaside playgrounds of Brighton, Bournemouth and Eastbourne.
“Great Service! From pick up to drop off! Thank you! ”
“Smooth ride. Our driver was on time and very friendly. Will highly recommend him!”
“It was great. Driver was responsive to our change of address. He was early. They called to tell us he was downstairs and ready when we were. ”
“The drive was good, ”
“Our driver was incredible. He went above and beyond to show us around London before getting us to the airport on time for our flight back to the US. He was kind and so knowledgeable! We appreciated him so much. Will definitely recommend anyone for the service.”
Cancel up to 48 hours before travel
No surge, no meter, no surprises
For when one bag is not enough