Planning a trip to Barcelona? This vibrant city on the north-eastern coast of Spain offers so much to see and do. With all of its culture, architecture, food, history, beaches and nightlife, make sure you’ve booked your Barcelona airport transport in advance and enjoy the brilliance of this stunning Mediterranean city.
Barcelona Airport, also known as El Prat Airport, is located in the municipality of El Prat de Llobregat, just 10 miles from the city center. Serving as a major gateway to Spain, it is the second busiest airport in the country and offers a wide range of domestic and international flights.
Whether you’re arriving or departing from Barcelona Airport, there’s a range of airport transportations available – from private transfers to cheap airport shuttles. Jayride hosts 24 professional airport shuttle transport services operating private cars, limousines and shuttles for a ride from Barcelona Airport to hotels and private addresses and back again.
Whatever the size of your party or luggage, by reserving your airport shuttle or private car you can have the reassurance and security that you’ll be picked up on time and taken straight to where you need to go. Jayride partner drivers will be there for an easy airport transport experience. Jayride is the largest comparison website for airport transfers in the world.
When booking your airport transfer, it is important to know which terminal you are traveling from or to. Barcelona Airport BCN has 4:
Barcelona El Prat Airport BCN is a major airline hub, with a total of 88 airlines connecting Barcelona to key destinations across the globe every day. So don’t get lost in the crowd. Book with Jayride and get where you’re going faster.
Looking for a reliable airport transport service? We’ve got you covered. Whatever your budget, wherever you’re going, Jayride partner drivers will get you there. Travel your way with a choice of affordable ground transportation options.
Shared shuttles are perfect for traveling on a budget and don't mind sharing a ride. Travelers can take advantage of a cheap ride to and from Barcelona Airport BCN with a shuttle bus, van service or shared shuttle.
Private car, shuttle and van services offer a faster journey to and from Barcelona Airport BCN with flexible pick-up times and meeting spots. Jayride partners with many of Barcelona’s leading private transfer companies, ensuring a quality experience every time.
Jayride lets you book transfers ahead of time with your favorite rideshare company. Forget the hassle of coverage and SIM cards when you land: your trusted rideshare service will be there waiting.
Great for business travelers, honeymooners or any special occasion, you can travel in style in a limousine service and other luxe transfer options to and from Barcelona Airport BCN.
With over 300 cruise routes departing from Barcelona, the port is always bustling. Skip the taxi queues and arrive at the right port terminal by booking ahead with Jayride. While only 10 miles away, the trip can take up to 40 minutes at busy times.
If you’ve got time to spare, BCN has a great selection of retail stores, restaurants and cafes, and even a spa and salon! Not only that, but with the airport nestled between wetlands and beaches, visitors have the luxury of going out for a walk and soaking up some of that warm Mediterranean sun.
1. VIP Lounges: Barcelona Airport hosts a number of VIP lounges, complete with catering, free WiFi, work spaces, resting spaces and showers. Check which lounges you’re eligible for and book ahead of arrival.
2. Shopping and Food: Barcelona Airport boasts around 100 establishments. Here you’ll find a great variety of stores, including; books, gifts, fashion and accessories, technology and duty-free stores. If you’re in need of a bite or something to drink there are plenty of cafes and restaurants to choose from including local and international chains.
3. Llobregat Delta (Delta del Llobregat): Just a five-minute drive from BCN is the second largest Delta in Catalonia, known for its diversity of habitats and species.
4. La Casa Del Semàfor (Mirador del Semàfor): Another short drive from the airport, this heritage wetlands site in the Llobregat wetlands offers views of the Mediterranean Sea.
5. Sant Boi de Llobregat: Just 6 miles away, this town boasts beautiful architecture, walking trails and a great selection of cafes, restaurants and bars.
With all of Barcelona’s rich culture, history, architecture, and beaches, there’s no end of things to see and do in Barcelona.
1. Architecture: Barcelona has some of the most eclectic architecture in the world. And with more than 2000 years of history, there’s a lot to take in. From the most extreme of Gothic designs, to Barcelona’s very own vibrant 19th century movements known as Modernisme and Catalan Art Nouveau, Barcelona’s wild architectural flare is packed full of surprises and a sure treat for sightseeing tourist attractions.
2. Food: You’re on the coast of Spain and you’re looking for things to do in downtown Barcelona? How could you not be thinking about food and wine! Seafood, paella, churros, chorizo, cheeses, wines, Barcelona is exploding with incredible street food, cafes, restaurants, bars and night tapas. Just go for a walk and you’re sure to find food!
3. Markets: Among so many of the fun things to do in Barcelona, you can't miss out on the markets. Barcelona has a number of popular flea markets where there’s really no knowing what you’ll find.
4. Winery Tours: Take a day trip and enjoy some of the incredible packages available for lovers of food and wine. From monasteries, to sailing cruises that take you right up to the vineyards, winery tours are amongst some of the most fun things to do in Barcelona.
5. Museums & Galleries: With so much to see outside of Barcelona, it’s hard to comprehend there could be more hiding within. Barcelona’s top museums are arguably among the best in all of Europe. Museums and galleries such as; Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya (MNAC), Fundació Antoni Tàpies, Museu Picasso (and more!) showcase incredible insights into some of Spain’s most renowned artists and world changing moments in history.
6. Beaches: Even in the cooler months the sun keeps shining in Barcelona. So no matter what time of the year, a trip to the beautiful beaches is always a must. There are so many popular beaches to check out.
7. Sailing: Get out of the city and onto the water! Barcelona sailing tours offer a great range of wine tasting packages, lunches and open bars for small and large groups. So you’ve got to add this to your list of activities in Barcelona.
With Barcelona Airport being the second busiest airport in Spain, the airport is known to host around 150,000 passengers, and 1,000 flights a day. Getting through the airport is usually pretty easy.
The general rule for passengers departing is to allow 3 hours before your flight. However for visitors arriving into Barcelona, you should allow for a minimum of 1.5 hours to be on the safe side, giving you time to find your way around the airport. Organize ahead of arrival with your Barcelona airport transfer to ensure you reach your destination.
Barcelona Airport is 10 miles from Barcelona city center. Driving can take anywhere between 20 to 40 minutes. Jayride offers a range of options for visitors, from private transfers from Barcelona Airport to hotels, to shared shuttles that will take you right to your destination.
Airport transfers start from as low as €14 (US$15–16). However there are plenty of options to choose from. Book ahead with Jayride, avoid airport confusion, and ride in comfort with a professional driver.
There are a number of options to get around from Barcelona airport, with a train station near Terminal 2, and cheap bus options as well. It’s a large airport, so sometimes finding your way around can get confusing. Our services include the ability to book cheaper options with shuttles and private cars that will ensure you reach your destination stress free.
Yes! In fact, there’s a wide choice of private and shared airport shuttles and other private ride services available to and from Barcelona Airport. Avoid the crowds and long lines on the ground when you pre-book your airport shuttle with Jayride.
“The driver was just a little late but no Problem. I speak English and the driver spoke a little English, however this did not seem to affect the transfer. Generally everything was fine ”
“The whole experience was amazing. ”
“Our driver was wonderful he was very helpful and friendly , he was waiting and meet out train on time, we are very pleased with the service , a big thankyou to the driver.”
“Our driver was on time, very helpful and we appreciate his efforts. Thank you, and will use again. ”
“Very clean car, very courteous diver. Delivered us on time and to the correct terminal.”
Cancel up to 48 hours before travel
No surge, no meter, no surprises
For when one bag is not enough